Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

victoryhighway2

Programmer
Jul 18, 2005
US
Hello,
I'm working on an application in VB6 that uses Crystal Reports 9 to display reports from user data files created by the application. Specifically, in the application, we're attempting to use a DAO recordset object as the datasource for CrystalReport designer objects created in VB (and mapped in the application's project as Designers). I'm running into a problem where Crystal Reports causes my application to crash (and the VB IDE as well, if I'm running my application under VB) when the following code is executed:

Code:
rptReport.Database.SetDataSource MyRS, 3, 1

From what I'm understanding (this application was originally written by a developer who is no longer here, and I haven't really done too much with this section of the code), this is what binds the report to the DAO recordset. The recordset itself is based on a SQL query.

The really strange part here is that this only happens randomly. I haven't yet determine a known pattern that will cause this behavior to surface. Most of the time, this works fine, but once in a while it will crash.

Does anyone have any suggestion on how I might go about remedying this problem? I'm not a Crystal Reports expert.

Regards,
Geoffrey

If this was done on a system that predates the current one, that may be the source of the problem. Windows should not be considered to be backward compatible where Crystal Reports report files are concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back