Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports Publishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbind77

Programmer
Oct 2, 2001
US
Problem 1
---------

I have my ASP Pages in server A and Crystal Reports in Server B.I installed Crystal Enterprise in Server B.

I am calling my reports from my asp pages

in my calling asp page i write
Response.write " b/Reports/Reportname.rpt?user0=username&password0=password&prompt0=promptvalue"

but every time its asking me to login into Crystal Enterprise.

here is the message that I am receiving

Crystal Report Viewing Log On

The Web Component Server could not log you on to the APS. Please re-enter your user name and password. [On Page Server: APS Name]
(If you are unsure of your account information, contact your system administrator.)

APS Name: APS Name

how to recify this problem.

Problem 2
---------

I developed my reports locally and published it in another location.I don't have access to the Remote server.

I test my reports locally with my Local Database, but when I move my reports from my local server to the remote sever I need to connect to Remote database.

I don't know how to dynamically change the Database location.
I am using System DSN in my Reports for the Database Connectivity.
Every time I have to go to my client place to change the DSN manually.

Is there any way to change the database location dynamically.

Problrm 3
---------
The report which I am calling from my ASP page is not refreshing every time, SO it is loaded with old values.But if opend the same report in a separate browser then it is working fine.

How to solve this problem

Thanks
Balachandar

Thank You
sbind77

--->>Response.write " b/Reports/Reportname.rpt?user0=username&password0=password&prompt0=promptvalue"

Since it's CE not CR, there are using different system and implementation are quite different. you can't call it like this way, you can try below:
Response.write " b/viewrpt.cwr?id=reportid&apstoken=" & apstoken & "&prompt0=promptvalue"

You can check CE web developer guide to find it.

Problem 2: You can use url command line with new dsn information to dynamically change database location.

Hope it helps!

Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back