Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal reports problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jscorpion

Programmer
Nov 17, 2000
US
I am having a problem with viewing a crystal report in asp.net. when the db is located on another computer or server I get the following error

"CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LogOnException: Logon failed".

If the db is located on local machine it works just fine. It is a simple report just grabbing one field, because this is the root of all my problems with this. I have look at hundreds of post but when dealing with this error they are looking at local machines and I have tried all the setups they have mentioned. I feel it is a rights issue between my machine during asp.net running and the machine it is trying to grab the db from. If anyone has any information it would be greatly apprecieated.

//***********************************************888
ReportDocument oRpt = new ReportDocument();
oRpt.Load("C:\\Inetpub\\CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = oRpt;
CrystalReportViewer1.DataBind();
//***************************************************

very simple just grabbing one field from one simple access db. As mentioned works fine on local does not work on other machine located on the network.

p.s. I have administrator rights to all computers so its not a system login issue. I think asp.net uses a different criteria, because I can grap info from db using code behind datasets. I would rather not do this though do to complicated reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back