Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports :Print Engine Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudhach31

Programmer
Aug 28, 2007
US
Hi,

When i scheduled the report in CMC i am getting this error. Crystal Reports:print Engine Error. Can anyone suggests me what it is and why it is coming.

My Environment is Business Objects XIR2, Windows, DB2 database

Thanks

Print Engine Error is a vague error message.

To retrieve a more meaningful error message, install a copy of Crystal Reports XI R2 Professional onto the BOE XI R2 Server and try running the report again in CR.

Some possible causes could be:
1) Incorrect data source configuration on the server.
2) Corrupt report file (Do any other reports with the same data source schedule ok?)

What happens if you try to run the report on demand?

Hi Groggle,

The other schduled reports are working fine which uses the same data source and configuration. Sometimes same report is working fine when scheduled and fails sometimes even when i run it on demand. So i am in dilemma what is the actual error. I have Crystal Reports XI R2 Professional installed on BOE XI R2 Server only.

Thanks
Sudha

Is there nothing being recorded in the Application log at the time these scheduled reports fail?

Groggle,

I have checked the event logs and didnot find any problems and errors. So, I added a trace command in report job server after the report failed to check for the logs when i got the same error next time.

Thanks
Sudha

I presume you have read KBase Article ID:463766 at support.businessobjects.com which advises to add the following trace command.

To resolve the behavior, add -crpetrace 7 and -trace to the command line parameters for the Crystal Reports Job Server, which handles scheduled reports, or the Crystal Reports Page Server, which handles on-demand reports, in order to enable advanced tracing.

Let us know what it shows. Beware though, tracing slows down processing and creates large log files.

Groggle,

What i observed is somehow when the schduled report is running it is taking all the memory space available on the server and other reports running at the same time are not able to get the memory to run the reports, bcos of this reason the reports are started failing. And one more error i found by going through logs is

"The function PEOpenPrintJobWithAPSInfo failed. Reason: Not enough memory for operation."

i dont know what it is. Any suggestions would be greatly helpful.

This last error "The function PEOpenPrintJobWithAPSInfo failed. Reason: Not enough memory for operation" says it all.

The server is running out of memory. Either feed the server more RAM or increase the Virtual memory setting significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back