Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports Noob.. sending reports via email from an NT Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCWebmaster

Programmer
Dec 21, 2009
US
I am a total CR noob :)

We have Business Objects Enterprise Version XI. The previous developer had created reports that would be run and emailed automatically.

I've looked at the scheduler, and the Users/Groups features and can't find how she did it....

any insight would be helpful

thanks

sas

In the Scheduling screen, look under Destination. This is available in both InfoView (for current schedule) and the CMC (default schedule.)

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Dell,

I'ved looked in both places and can't find anything...

Is there an accepted method for doing this outside of CR/BO

Have you set the destination to Email? If that's not available, you'll need to do two things in the CMC:

1. Configure the email destination in the Destination Job Server.

2. Configure the email destination in the Crystal Reports Job Server (as well as the WebI and DeskI job servers if you're using those types of reports.)

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

all three of these are partially set, with email server info, and a named Windows Domain, other than that.. there's still not much to go on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back