Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports Left outer join and link type

Status
Not open for further replies.

hg05

Programmer
Feb 8, 2021
NZ
I am looking to retrieve the value CATALOGUE_ITEM_2.LIST_PRICE = 200 as follows:

Issue: Not able to retrieve the value successfully. What am i doing wrong?

So I joined two Tables TEST and CATALOGUE_ITEM_2 (got to be an left outer join since there may be occasions when there is no value present)

where

CATALOGUE_ITEM_2.ITEM_CODE entry = "ABCD-EFG" as follows.

TEST.ANALYSIS ("ABCD") to CATALOGUE_ITEM_2.ITEM_CODE ("ABCD-EFG")

TEST.VARIATION ("EFG") to CATALOGUE_ITEM_2.ITEM_CODE ("ABCD-EFG")

My current setup is as follows: (see images attached)

catimg1_kudfdl.png

catimg2_choouv.png

The formula used is as follows:

IF (instr({CATALOGUE_ITEM_2.ITEM_CODE},{TEST.ANALYSIS}) > 0 ) THEN IF (instr({CATALOGUE_ITEM_2.ITEM_CODE},{TEST.VARIATION}) > 0) THEN //for variation //IF ({CATALOGUE_ITEM_2.ITEM_CODE} like {TEST.ANALYSIS} + "*" ) THEN //IF ({CATALOGUE_ITEM_2.ITEM_CODE} like "*" + {TEST.VARIATION}) THEN //for variation IF (isNULL({CATALOGUE_ITEM_2.LIST_PRICE}) = FALSE) THEN "Test Var Price (NZD): " + ToText({CATALOGUE_ITEM_2.LIST_PRICE}) ELSE "No Price Found" ELSE "No Price Found"

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Geeta

If you filter the left table, which I believe you do, the left join will be come inner join.

Select ... from a LEFT join b on a.id=b.id where b.name='xxx'

will be the same as:

Select ... from a INNER join b on a.id=b.id where b.name='xxx'

if you want to filter the left table you need to add the where clause to the join
Select ... from a LEFT join b on a.id=b.id and b.name='xxx'

to the best of my knowledge this is not supported by Crystal so the only option is to use command.

Viewer and Scheduler for Crystal reports, SSRS and Dynamic Dashboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back