Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports in Visual Basic 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acjeff

Programmer
Aug 10, 2004
US
Hi,

I am using VB6 in Visual Studio 6 Enterprise Edition. Does it bundle with Crystal Reports? I cannot find anywhere to install Crystal Reports. If it is not bundled, where can I download it like an add-in?

Jeff

If memory serves, Crystal Reports is not bundled with VS6 (at least I know I had to go buy it). Their website is It's kinda pricey, so if this isn't for professional development you might want to look around for another solution.

What other solutions can I found for free? I know about Data Report in VB6. Any others or what is the best?

There aren't many choices for a "free" report generator. With some work you could create a Word Template and then export the information out to it. It's not integrated into your solution, but that may work for you. If you're in no rush for the solution, you could even create a text based file that you write out and then pipe to the users printer. You could also do a search for Open Source solutions. I can't think of any off hand, but there might be some out there. The good side is that you usually have access to the source code which helps the learning experience.

I am using just the VB6.0 Pro and not the visual studio. Crystal comes with this disk (a v4.5). Look in

\COMMON\TOOLS\VB\CRYSREPT

David Paulson

If you only need a simple report, VB6 has its own reporting capabilities.

Look in Project/Components/Designers/Data Report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back