Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports II Geomean calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

courtepj

Technical User
Nov 6, 2014
CA
I am working in Crystal Reports 11 and would like to know how to do a geomean calculation. I have my data grouped by Date and I am setting up a manual crosstab so out of all the data I have one set of data that I need to do the Geomean calculation on. My result is a text so I use the following calculation to get a number:

if Left ({RESULT.RESULT},1) = "<" then
val ({RESULT.MDL})
else if Left ({RESULT.RESULT},1) = ">" then
val (Mid ({RESULT.RESULT},2))
else
val ({RESULT.RESULT})

but because I want to do the calculation only on one set of data I redid my number formula to:

if {RESULT.ANALYTE} = "Escherichia coli" then (val ({RESULT.RESULT}) / 1000000)
else
val ({RESULT.RESULT})

I followed a thread in this forum with the following information:

So Formulas should read:
//{@initialize} to be placed in the report header........I placed this in the header
whileprintingrecords;
global numbervar x := 1; //Product variable
global numbervar c:=0; //counter variable

//{@accum} to be placed in the detail section:...........I placed this in the detail section
whileprintingrecords;
global numbervar x;
global numbervar c;
If {table.qty}> 0 then (
x:= x * {table.qty} /30;
c:= c + 1;)

//Result formula in the group or report footer:........I placed this in the Group Footer
whileprintingrecords;global numbervar x;
global numbervar c;if c=0 then 0 else 30 * (x ^ (1/c))

I tried this but did not get the result I would have gotten through Excel. On some days I will have two or three results so I need to find out the Geomean for that one day but this could happen a few times each month.

If it would help I could send the few lines I have but any assistance would be appreciated as I have never posted to a forum before I'm not sure if you will have too much information or not enough. Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back