Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2001
GB
Hello, I am trying to export a crystal report into PDF and keep getting the following message..Failed to export the report. Any ideas on this would be gratefully recieved

Many thanks, John

1. what version of crystal are you running?
2. are you integrating crytal with another application/framework or is this a stand alone report?
3. is an exception thrown with details about why it's not exporting? if so please post the entire execption
4. what envorinment is the report running in?
5. are there any security permissions in place that would prevent you from exporting to the desired location?
6. are you trying to export via a GUI or from code?
7. has the report ever ran successfully? if so when, how, where (scenario)?

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

1. Version 8.5
2. Goldmine (Small CRM app)
3. No exception
4. Win 2003 SQL Version 8
5. SQL
6. GUI
7. On a local XP machine

Not a permissions issue as I can save it to XLS OK. However if I try and convert the XLS to PDF it also errors out.

Thanks for your help
John

if it works locally but not deployed the remote machine may be missing an assembly or reference for pdf generation.

is the report an custom crystal report your company created or is it a canned goldmine report? this might make a difference. if it's a goldmine report their site might have a help forum which could provide more info. Business Objects also has a forum which may provide some insight as well. (I find the KB/forums difficult to navigate.)

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back