Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports Error 500 when printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

polyquoter

Programmer
Feb 4, 2001
US
I have a problem with Crystal Reports version 8.5 which is run from a program using Progress 9.1D. I have a computer running windows 2000 with 3 printers connected to it an HP Deskjet and two Epson LQ-570E printers. One of the Epson printers prints tractor fed oversized index cards and the other Epson printer prints tractor fed labels. The HP printer is used to print regular 11 X 8-1/2 paper. The two crystal reports for the index cards and labels have a user defined printer size. When you go to print the card or label you select which printer you want to go to. The print preview is fine but when sending it to the printer I get Error 500 which is the NOT ENOUGH MEMORY error. You may get it set up to print out a card with no error message but then when you print a label you get the error 500. All I can find as an answer to this is to use the 'Clear' methog from the printer object. My program is not written in VB and I can find nothing that corresponds to a 'Clear' in the Progress language. Can something be done with the Crystal report itself to solve this problem? I don't want to have 3 separate computers each hooked up to their own printer to get around this problem. Yet that would solve the problem as it exists now. Thanks in advance for any help.

When we were using 8.5, we got the Not Enough Memory error when paging to the last page of a complex report.

We had to get a service pack to get it fixed.

Are you up to date on the latest service packs and hot fixes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back