Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports Dynamic Parameters Error in Citrix Web

Status
Not open for further replies.

reporting

Instructor
Dec 30, 2001
CA
I have posted the following thread in the Business Objects: Crystal Reports 4 Other topics Forum: Dynamic Params Issue: Prompting failed with following error message:

I have created a custom Crystal Report using Crystal XI. The report works fine here. At the client, who doesn't have CR installed but uses the CR XI ActiveX runtime delivered with their CRM app, Maximizer CRM, they get the following error message:

Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer
Prompting failed with the following error message: 'List of values failure: fail to get values. [Cause of error: The system cannot find the path specified]'
Error source: prompt.dll Error code: 0x8004380D

CR Reports that are delivered with the app run just fine. However, they don't use dynamic prompts in their parameters.

The other possible cause of the problem is that they are using Citrix for application delivery while I developed the reports in a more normal workstation attaching to SQL Server environment.

I checked the error message out on the BObj KBase but couldn't find anything to help.

I subsequently posted the following message:

For those who might be interested, I have an update on this issue.

Late yesterday, my client gave me access to their servers remotely. I was able to run the report w/o any problems on the Maximizer CRM Application Server. However, running the report using Citrix resulted in the same ActiveX error message. That seems to confirm that there is an issue running complex reports with Dynamic Parameters in a Citrix Web Interface for MetaFrame Presentation Server environment.

I have asked for instructions on how to setup the Citrix ICA Client for Windows to see if that method of access is also problematic...

Does anyone in this forum know something about this problem?

Thanks very much,

John Marrett
Crystal Reports Trainer & Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back