Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports duplicating invoices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insulations504

IS-IT--Management
Feb 16, 2023
US
Capture_jtjggl.jpg

Crystal Reports is duplicating invoices causing the subtotal to be double. The line items are suppressed in the details section. How do I get it to only appear once so that my subtotal is not doubled?

3 possibilities:

1) If you suppress records, they will still be included in any totals that you have. You should use a record selection formula to exclude these from the report altogether.

2) You have a linking issue causing record inflation. If this is only happening some of the time, or sometimes there are triplicate or quadruplicate records, this is almost certainly your problem. Can you show us the links?

If you have backorders for example, I have seen a link between the order header table and the order line table based on order number, when in fact it needs to be order number AND invoice number, because a backorder by definition will create more than 1 invoice.

3) Very similar to #2, you are grouping by order number rather than invoice number.

Let us know if you figure it out.

Macola Software Veteran and SAP Business One Consultant on Training Wheels

Check out our Macola tools:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back