Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports/DB Connection error

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOSES

Technical User
Feb 8, 2000
AE
Guys,<br><br>I have some problems in crystal reports 7.0. It will be great if anyone could help me. The problem goes like this;<br><br>I am calling a report which has some sub reports and the VB code is also passing some date parameters that is required to run the report. <br><br>The only change that I have done to this existing report is that, I have defined an extra group in a sub report to filter some figures based on current date minus 1 but is independent and has nothing to do with the passing date parameters. And it works when the report is executed from crystal reports.<br><br>And now when I am trying to run the report by changing the DB connection from the live DB to the Test DB from the VB application, the report bombs and I get an unusual error '20599 - SQL Server not connected', although what DB I am using is an Oracle DB.<br><br>I don't have any clue to what error is this. I am stuck. Can U help? I can't test on the live DB as there has been some requirement changes and I have modified tables to incorporate the changes. And until and unless I approve it in the test DB, this enhancement cannot go live.<br><br>Thks. in advance.<br><br>Cheers!!

You can go to Crystal Report web site and browse their<br>knowledge base to see if you can find the problem.<br>

the same problem i am also facing, pl. help me if u got the solution.<br><br>I am using vb as front end and i would like to connect backend as a oracle from crystal report 4.6 i have created the report using ODBC and it is working fine.<br>but now the problem is that how to pass a dsn from vb<br>to get connect to oracle via crystalreport. here is the sample code.<br><br>the code goes like this.<br><br>crystalreport1.LogonSql = ?<br>crystalreport1.connect = &quot;msdaora;user id=;password=;datasource=;&quot;<br><br>crystalreport1.ReportFileName=&quot;c:\report1.rpt&quot;<br>crystalreport1.WindowState=crptMaximize<br>crystalreport1.Action=1<br><br>it is necessary to write the 1st two line or which line is necesary and what is the syntax for that pl. help me asap, i am in trouble.<br><br>from<br>pankaj<br><A HREF="mailto:pankajcash@homenetmail.com">pankajcash@homenetmail.com</A><br>

Hey,<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I had the same problem and what it was that I was setting the location of database for the primary report , but not the subreport.<br><br>I use the Crystal Data Environment ,but I think it's the same.&nbsp;&nbsp;You have to set the connect date for the subreporpt object that's part of the primary report object.&nbsp;&nbsp;I ran into the same problem with a program I was updating.&nbsp;&nbsp;It was an access database and when the path to the database was changed the subreport was looking in the wrong place.<br><br>I would give you code, but I know that it looks very different then the Crystal Data Environment code for Crystal 8.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>I Hope I have been some help.<br><br> <p>Clayton T. Paige<br><a href=mailto:cpaige@home.com>cpaige@home.com</a><br><a href= Snail</a><br>Clayton T. Paige<br>
Programmer Extraordinaire <br>
========================================================<br>
"Who General Failure? and Why is he reading my disk drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back