Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports Calendar Report - Almost Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

erp84

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2013
US
Happy Thursday everyone!

I just completed my calendar report based on LBASS's method discussed here:

It is working beautifully so far except in the case when I do not have any records for a particular week, or the entire month. If I do not have any records in a week, it will not display this week, same if my entire month doesn't have any records it will throw some ugly array errors.

Any suggestions what to look for?

I used the dynamic method, so it shouldn't require an excel sheet, or table.

erp84 - I would love to hear how your dynamic method is put together

Read through the link in my first post. Linda Bass walks through it quite nicely.

Im quite familiar with LBass explanation regarding this and as far as I know she suggests either adding a table in your own database to link to or an excel spreadsheet Peter above suggests.

LBASS said:
In order to create this type of report, you will need to add a simple calendar table to your database. As a minimum, this table consists of one column, with a row for each day of the year to which the calendar will apply. The rows contain consecutive dates within the year.

I didn't recall her mentioning a dynamic method which is why I asked :)

Then obviously this is a queasion for lbass.

If you are interested to implement a dynamic table you can see an example for SQLServer here:

The function fnGetDatesInPeriod ( in the top right corner of the page) will return a table with all dates between @FromDate and @ToDate

Viewer and Scheduler for Crystal reports and SSRS.

Thanks for that clarification Peter :)

Ok, I got it working!

For some reason I was filtering the table I used in my main report with a select and that caused some problems. Once I removed the select all is good!

CoSpringsGuy,

Here is the link to the dynamic method: thread149-1475890 which does not require a date table.

-LB

Thanks LBass ... I followed along this topic a few years ago as you helped someone else and somehow I missed that. Thanks for the link :) .. Hope you have been doing well! I have missed your posts on here lately...

Thanks. I'm fine--I just have a new more demanding job that is taking up all my time, so I can only drop in here occasionally.

Best,
LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back