Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports Background Image

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfpr

IS-IT--Management
Nov 24, 2004
PR
Greetings

Using: Crystal Reports 9

I have a full page background image that I MUST include in the report. The JPG is approx 800KB in size, but when I import the image into Crystal, the report size grows to 22MB! This is totally unacceptable, since sometimes the report is 3 to 4 pages long, and that has to be transferred over the network to the printer (network printer). When I check the printer queue it's on ~80MB...bad. Trying this on a slow computer may even crash it.

Other option I tried: I saved the image as a blob object in my database and told crystal to import it when the report is opened. The final report size was about 500K..good..tried to print...printer queue: 80MB :(

It looks like Crystal converts the image to a raw (kinda like .bmp) image when the report is saved/printed. I verified this when I converted the JPG to BMP using Paint and the final image size was about 21.5M (similar to the crystal report with the embedded image)

Anyway, my question is: Is there anyway for Crystal Report to maintain the JPG format when it is saved? It is very stupid that I import an 800K image and crystal converts it to a raw 20Meg file...

Thanks in Advance...

--golfpr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back