Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports and VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopstik

Technical User
Oct 24, 2001
US
I am trying to run a previously created Crystal report in a VB 6 application. I can get it to ask for the parameters, but when it attempts to open, get an error message stating that the server is not yet opened. However, when I try to logon to the server using the following code, nothing seems to happen. I am using Crystal 7.0, VB 6, and I know that the server with the database I'm trying to access is Unix (not sure if that makes a difference). I'm familiar with both Crystal and VB, though not an "expert" in either. I would appreciate any help anyone could offer. Thanks!

TestConnect.LogOnServer ,ServerName,DatabaseName,myUserID,myPassword

You're missing the first parameter to .LogonServer. The DLL that you are using to connect to the database.

I'm not sure what .dll that it is referencing. Sorry to be thick-headed, but is it referencing the craxdt.dll file or something along this line or something else? Thanks!

It's "p2sodbc.dll" or "p2ssql.dll".

Or use .SetLogonInfo which has exactly the parameters you are using for .LogonServer (i.e., 1 less)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back