Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports & ACT!6

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUCH

IS-IT--Management
Aug 18, 2002
AE
I had Cyrstal Reports 8.5 and ACT!2000 on my desktop and when I upgraded ACT! to Version 6 all the icons of my saved Crystal Reports turned into ACT! icons and the open with program also turned into ACT! exe. I tried to turn them back to open with Crystal exe but there are still problems when I try to click these reports to open from the explorer without first opening the Crystal Reports program. Any solutions to this are welcome.

The quickest and easiest fix is to reinstall Crystal.

The problem lies with the fact that both Crystal and ACT use the .rpt extension for reports. The program installed last takes over the extension mapping.

You can either go into the extension mapping and change it manually or you can reinstall Crystal.

Changing the mapping manually can result in some minor issues if you don't set it up correctly. If you do this, you should check on another machine with Crystal installed to see how it is set.

You can avoid that completely by just installing Crystal again.

--sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back