Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports 9 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMS100

Programmer
Oct 19, 2001
GB
Does anybody know if Seagate plan to release a CR 9 in the relatively near future?

Thanks for that, I think I'll stick to 8.5 for the time being. One more question though, I've been writing a series of reports using CR 8 Developer. They are nothing fancy just reports using Parameter/Formula fields, graphs, Oracle database/crystal dictionary's etc... We would like to distribute these .Rpt files and supply a version of CR. The cheapest option is CR 8.5 standard, is there any reason why these reports created on CR 8 Dev will not work on CR 8.5 Standard? Also Does anybody recommend/not recommend the 'Upgrade Advantage' option? Thanks.

One thing i know is that crystal 8.5 standard does not support dictionaries, so if you have reports that use a dictionary, you'll need pro or dev version for them to work.

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back