Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

crystal reports 8.0 suddenly stop working in asp app 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pms18066

Programmer
Jan 12, 2005
US
We have been experiencing an issue with crystal 8 that is really beginning to bug me. We have an ASP.net app that has several crystal reports. we use the viewer to preview and print the reports. they all work fine for a while and then abra cadabra, they start giving us the following error..

Seagate Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer error '80047616'

An external object raised an error. No Error Description Available.

we have been able to simply reinstall crystal on the server and everything works again. This time we had created a new rollover server. we hadn't tried it yet, but once we copied over all of the files from the production website to the new server with a new website. everything worked again.

First does anyone know what this error really is ???

second is this the viewer dll being corrupted? this has been my suspicion because the reinstall always fixed it..until now..

Thanks for anyones feedback

yep that was it.. I found it a little later this morning when searching on the error description not the code(which finds nothing).. My temp folder has 72,000+ files in it. It seems that all of the temp crystal names are being used. I have created a proc to delete these files upon login for each user. Thanks for the help though. You were right on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back