Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports 7.0 not returning all data from Table & Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrel

Technical User
Dec 5, 2001
US
Folks,

Long time no write = Long time no problems!

I have set up a parameter that is supposed to supply my users a "look up" of default values for my report. It is a report about equipment and their locations and it's only bringing me up a few locations as opposed to all locations for my users to select from.

The parameter will allow me to enter a location that doesn't appear in the look up and will return the equipment for that location w/o a problem.

Anyone see this problem before? I do not want to "hardcode" 2000+ location for my users to select from. The locations can increase hourly and it would cause much distress to be constantly updating this report manually.

I have even gone into the "DEFAULT VALUES" and plugged in the default values of TABLE and FIELD and it's still not returning all location records.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks,
Cherrel. [ponytails]

Whenever you browse field data, including populating default values, there is a limit on how many records that crystal will read. This is controlled by a registry setting, specifically HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Seagate Software\Crystal Reports\Database Server\MaxNBrowseValues. The default setting is 500, so change this to some higher number and you should be OK.

Also, this is not a dynamic search. If you do this today and add new records tomorrow, they will never show up as default values unless you repeat the procedure. There is a utility by which makes this a dynamic picklist, you may want to check that out.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

I edited the registry as you suggested and upped the decimal value to 5000. It is still not pulling all the data across. I know from the application that I was querying (MAXIMO) that there are over 2000+ locations in the SQL database -- Crystal Reports is only returning 12. I can not figure out why this is.

[americanflag]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back