Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal reports 11.5 and VB6 deploy "TLV error ActiveX Component can"

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakkara

Programmer
Jun 15, 2005
MX
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! i am loosing hair. Making older, and becoming and old grumpy here.

I am using VB6 CR 11.5 and on development "mode" works great the problem is on the deployment

What have i done:

1. Compile the VB6 project using CrViewer
2. Generate VB6 EXE
3. Download crxir2sp3_rdc_merge_modules
4. Install "InstEd" (aplication that helps to manipualte MSM files).
5. Open Merge Module .... "CrystalReports11_5_RDC_License.msm"
6. Place the "Property"-"PIDKEY" value (I place my KEY). and SAVE
7. With help of the "Microsoft Development Enviornment" i add all the MSM files on crxir2sp3_rdc_merge_modules
and then compiled and created a MSI file.
8. RUN to Install the MSI file.

9. Enjoy a BIG headacake cause is appears the error "Active x Component cant create object".

Please some help for this ignorant and deseparte "programmer".

development "mode" works great the problem is on the deployment[/qoute]

So on a different computer? Or are you saying VB IDE works where exe does not?

I would assume you mean a different computer. I'm also assuming the error occurs when you load a form with a CrViewer? Are you running as Administrator AND as the same user at which the install was ran? There's probably a crystal dll on the dev machine that wasn't installed OR with the proper priveledges on the other. I've had my share of headaches from crystall dll's. Most of my issues have been user rights. The files I've noted as causing my issues are possibly - P2smon.dll,crviewer.dll,crpaig80.dll, and 3 of - crax???.dll. I'm not using the same version of crystal so those files may not be relevant, nor am I familiar with steps 3-7 but it sounds like a missing dll. If no one else can help here, perhaps try the crystal forums. Also maybe try searching for required dll's for crystal 11.5 CrViewer.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back