Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latoya

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2017
US
Hi-

I am new to crystal reports and I am trying to refresh a report in Crystal Reports. When I just try to refresh, the Server Name is not there, when I go to set the database source, it is there, but when I put in my password I get an error that says Cannot find DSN in connection string.

Please help. I have no clue as to what this is.

The login credentials that are used are active directory login.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Latoya

Latoya,
When you say active directory, do you mean the data source is on a network?
Laurie

The data source is on a separate SQL server, therefore the credentials that are use, are what is use to login on the network.

I am using crystal report 2008 and want to connect to SQL management studio 2012.

Thank you.

Management Studio is just a Microsoft tool to work with the database. If you have windows authentication on the database and your AD account is set up correctly on your local machine, then you should be pretty close. Not the question is what is your actual data source (ODBC, ADO, something else?). So far the reports I am using have an ODBC connection to the database. Thus if I create a new report for that data source and click on trusted connection, I can get to the tables. Likewise, if I use an OLE DB (ADO) connection and click on the integrated Security check box, I then again can access the tables.

Not sure this is what you mean, but when you hit refresh and the login screen comes up without a server name, you need to hit the back button and select from the options listed there.

-LB

Thank you all for your help.

I recreated the data source, which was an ODBC, RDO connection source.

I hit refreshed and selected the data source, when i was prompted for login credentials, i hit the selction option that says 'This is a trusted connection' that grayed out the login credentials fields and the report was generated.

Thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back