Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reporting-Fill Rate with Backorders

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtaghap

IS-IT--Management
Aug 12, 2002
US
I have Crystal Reports v 8.0.1.0. I'm creating an Order Fill Percentage where I need to show the percentage of Sales Orders(SO) filled. FYI: Each SO has at least one packing slip id, but some have 2 or more. In order to get an accurate percentage of Sales Orders filled, I need to create a formula that only displays and calculates
the percentage of SO that have been filled. Right now my report is showing all Packing slip id's per SO.
Why is this NOT good? Well for example: SO#804110 has 4 packing slip id's(PSI). PSI#200 has 111 out of 125 shipped; PSI#201 has 111 out of 111 shipped; PSI#202 has 14 out of 14 shipped; and PSI#203 has 20 out of 20 filled. It is calculated that this order is 97.25% (389/400) filled. It SHOULD be calculated that SO#804110 is not filled, meaning that the WHOLE SALES ORDER (not just the packingslip ids) is part of the Backorder equation.
Can anyone help? Thanks!

Because you are trying to count values that rely on a subtotal, you will need to write running total using the 3 formula technique described in faq149-182.

You will only increment the variable at the end of each group, and only if the precentage for that group is 100%. Do you have a formula that currently calculates the 97.5%? Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back