Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal report

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalitha1

Programmer
Oct 14, 2008
US
Hi,

I am in the process of migrating from SQl server 2000 to sql server 2005. I was trying to move Crystal reports from Server A to Server B, i had to open the crystal report and point to new ODBC so that it points to new server (Server B). This reports calls a Stored procedure. But when I try to update to point to new ODBC i get the following error.

"Some tables could not be replaced as no match was found in the new data source"

Appreciate all your help.

Sometimes you have to repoint table by table.

In set datasource connect to new DB and then in the two panes highlight corresponding tables/stored procedures and click Update.

Bit tedious but works.

Ian

But the problem is I cant see the stored procedure in the pane where I create my new ODBC eventhough it really exists in the database, i checked it thru Management studio.
Thanks!

In your crystal reports set up you must allow Stored Procedures

File -> Options-> Database

Make sure Stored Procedures are checked

If still not visible then you must get your DBA to grant execute permissions to the UserName you are using to connect to DB.

Ian

Stored procedures were checked but the execute permissions were missed.

Perfect, it works now. Thanks a bunch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back