Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal report xI installation issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

villica

Programmer
Feb 25, 2000
CA
Hello everyone

We have user that installed crystal on his computer and he also designed some reports. Another person is using the same computer and trying to use those reports but every time he opens crystal it ask for a login user name and it default to the person that designed the reports before. We have reinstalled crystal and there is always login box come up

thanks

villica

Hi,
Is it asking for a CR login or a database login?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Hi

I get a box that says

oled db at the top

datasoruce(already filled in)

user id (prompt) is blank
pw (prompt) is blank

database (already filled in)

after you enter usename and pw you have to click next

villica

Hi,
This part:
villica said:
login user name and it default to the person that designed the reports before

seems to indicate that the username is actually filled in with the designers name - am I missing something..

What database is being accessed? What authentication method is being used ( is SqlServer, is it Windows authentication, or Trusted User?) Does the other user ( not the designer) have rights granted to that database?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

hello

I checked the report and the user name is not anywhere. It is using windows authentication.
I am also getting this error when i test the odbc connection.

loging failed for user (null). reason not associated with a trusted sql server connection.

villica

if you use windows authentications, you just connect to server by click start/run and enter a 'ip address' or 'computer name' and connect by some user had add a member of group SQL Server.

my english not strong.

try it.

Well it is an anuthenication error. Your ODBC is set for windows authenication,, and the sql, seems to want sql authenication. You need to find the username / password used for the link. Ask you DB admin, for the username and password. One good rule of thumb, is to establish a generic read accress only username and password, and use that always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back