Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report XI 2008 Runtime SP3 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhythmAlways

Technical User
Feb 6, 2012
US
Hi,

I am new to Crystal and would appreciate your help in the below issue -

I have developed a report on my dev server using the ‘HasValue’ parameter to enable users to run a report against null values. The reports runs fine here. My dev is on CR 2008 server.

When I move the same report to prod it fails to Run. My Production is on Crystal XI server but has Crystal 2008 Runtime SP3 installed on top of it. I understand, CRXI does not recognize 'HasValue' but since I have the runtime installed should it make any difference?
The report works great if I take out the 'hasvalue' clause.

Thanks in advance

Even though you have the Crystal 2008 Runtime installed, Crystal XI Server will use the older runtime that it was designed to work with - it won't "see" the new runtime. So, even though you can publish reports written in Crystal 2008 to the server, they won't run if you use any of the features that are specific to the newer version of Crystal.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back