Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report Viewer printing blank pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

waldopepper

Programmer
Nov 21, 2003
GB
Has anyone ever had any problems printing reports using the Crystal Report Viewer (viewing a published report through Enterprise with the web-installed reports viewer).

Basically it prints the page header, footer and inside that a grey outline box almost an inch in from the edge of the paper, but nothing inside it - no report, no figures.

Actually it even shows this semi-blank page when viewing a Print Preview.

Crystal Enterprise/Reports v10, IE v6

?

ta

Hi - just bumping this because I'm still having this problem and I'm no nearer finding out why it's happening!

thanks

Which viewer are you using in your user preferences (DHTML or ActiveX)?

If you are using the DHTML you need the ActiveX print-control to print direct from DHTML.

What happens when you EXPORT to PDF, and print the PDF...?

Also, CE-10 and CR-10 are both ending support in June 2008.

You should light a fire under someone to get your company moved to the XI tools.

Good question! It's the ActiveX viewer we're using.

When I print preview from the report viewer, it actually previews the same blank page (except for borders & URL):

When I export to PDF etc that works fine - everything is exported OK and I can print from there.

OK I finally worked out what was causing this and I now feel like a bit of a chump!

Without thinking I was using the Windows shortcut CTRL+P to print. Looks like Internet Explorer was just printing out the outline of the control rather than recognising the contents.

If you use the print button in the Crystal Reports viewer (part of the ActiveX control) then it prints out fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back