Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report Viewer - Missing DLL when deployed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTRNTR

MIS
Jun 27, 2000
US
I have a simple VB.Net Form application which uses Open File Dialog and then, based on the file selected, immediately displays the selected (report) file within the Crystal Reports Viewer.

When deployed, the application works fine on my workstation, which has a fully installed version of Crystal Reports. On other workstations (without full Crystal Reports) I am receiving a 'Cannot Find KeycodeV2.dll' message when attempt to load the Crystal Reports Viewer .ReportSource value.

The KeycodeV2.dll resides in my \Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\1.0\Bin directory.

I'm assuming that a full copy of Crystal Reports does not need to be loaded on all User's client machines.

How do I include the necessary Crystal Reports Viewer dependencies in my Installer such that these supporting DLLs are included in the installation?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

There are a number of merge modules that need to be included to enable Crystal Reports to be viewed on client machines. Not only that, you need to enter a registration key into one of the merge modules (which may be why you are getting a keycodev2.dll exception). The registration key is free, but you need to register with Crystal Decisions to get it.

Have a look at the Crystal knowledge base ( - all the howto's are there.

I was getting the same error - until I put in the right registration key and merge modules. Once you register crystal - the number is found under the help/about screen , then you have to enter that number into the regwiz.msm merge module. After you do that and have all the right merge modules - then it works just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back