Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report - Tool Tip 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZSJ

Programmer
Aug 19, 2005
US
Hi,
How can I remove the tool tip that appears in a Crystal Report preview. When I move the cursor over a subreport a tool tip appears.
I'm using Crystal reports that come along with Visual Studio .NET.
Thanks in advance.
-ZS

Best way I know doesn't quite remove it but you get a lot less.

Right click on the subreport, click on 'format subreport', go to the common tab, 2/3 of the way down you'll see a 'tool tip text' with a formula button next to it.

Click on the formula button and place a set of double-quotes with a single space inside. There has to be at least a space there or it won't work.

What you should get instead of the standard tool-tip is a little yellow box with nothing in it.

Hope this helps.

Scott

Hi Scott,
thank you.
That is how I first implemented it. but then found a better solution in Crystal Reports website.
Also to prevent a preview of a subreport, set the Enabledrilldown property to false in the crystalreporviewer control.

Solution to disbale tooltip
There are two ways of disabling the tool tips for a report file:
• Modifying the report file
• Using a Report Designer Component application
Modifying the report file
----------------------------
To modify the report file:
1. Open the report in the Crystal Reports Designer.

2. Right-click an object and then click 'Format'.

3. On the 'Common' tab and click the 'X+2' button beside 'Tool Tip Text'. The formula editor appears.

4. Type "chr(9)" and save the formula and report.

Using a Report Designer Component application
-------------------------------------------------------

To use a Report Designer Component application:

1. If you are using the Report Designer Component (RDC) version 8.5, download the latest version of craxdrt.dll from the following location:

2. Use the following sample code to disable the tool tips for all objects:

crFieldObject = 1
crTextObject = 2
crToolTipTextConditionFormulaType = 65

For I = 1 To Report.Sections.Count

' Loop through all the sections in the report
For X = 1 To Report.Sections(I).ReportObjects.Count

' Loop through all the ReportObjects in each section
If Report.Sections(I).ReportObjects.Item(X).Kind = crFieldObject Or crTextObject Then
Report.Sections(I).ReportObjects.Item(X).ConditionFormula(crToolTipTextConditionFormulaType) = "Chr(9)"

End If

Next X

Next I

When you now view the report, the tool tips no longer appear.

Well, that's a lot of solution. I'm keeping this thread marked so I can find it again.

Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back