Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

crystal report text formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

laura99

Programmer
Dec 9, 2005
CA
Hello,

I have few text fields that are either on the header section or
detail a of my reports, and i have set the property for rotating the text to 90 degree which displays as expected on crystal report. however when i use the enterprise to view the report,
the texts in the text boxes are not rotated 90 degree. i have checked the section experts and don't see any overwriting properties. any idea is greatly appreciated. thanks

Hi,
The only viewer that can handle rotated text is the ActiveX version, so be sure you are using that one to view the report.

(The Java viewer may also work but I have never used that one )

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

thanks, any idea how you would embed activex into crystal or is it a special version of crystal viewer?

Hi,
If the ActiveX viewer was installed on the Enterprise server then there is a way to specify that viewer when calling the published report. I do not have access right now to the docs but it is covered in the help files ( one way I remember : if using a URL to call the report adding &INIT=actx to that URL will trigger the ActiveX viewer)

[profile]

Hi again,
I should have mentioned that you will probably get more results if you post this in the BOE forum:

forum782

[profile]

thanks,
i did try using the preferences on the BOE and set the property to be ActiveX rather than DHTML, and when using the Console management the text are rotated, when using links though still doesn't work, and tried the &INIT=actx still no change.thanks so much for helping, and i will try the other forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back