Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal report runs in Crystal, but gives error in Info View

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneikk

MIS
Nov 5, 2008
US
I have a Crystal report that runs without issue in Crystal, but as soon as it is posted in Info View it will no longer run properly. It gives an error message that reads:

Error in File Pain Reassessment.rpt: Error in formula. '{CLARITY_SA.SERV_AREA_NAME}={?SA-SERV_AREA_NAME} and' This field name is not known. Details: errorKind

The portion of the error message in single quotes is the first line of my record selection formula. If I remove the line that states '{CLARITY_SA.SERV_AREA_NAME}={?SA-SERV_AREA_NAME} and' then the next line of the record selection formula will appear in the error message in single quotes. This even occurs if the line of the record selection formula has // in front of it to tell Crystal to ignore that particular line.

Any ideas as to what is going on here would be greatly appreciated.

Has the database client software been installed on the server where the report is running (Crystal Server? CE? BOE? - you don't mention what InfoView is connecting to.) Do you have other reports connecting to this database successfully?

When you run the report in Crystal are you connecting to the same database as when it's running in InfoView or are you connecting to something like a Dev environment where there may be additional fields that aren't in your production environment?

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back