Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

crystal report pulled from Macola with phantom PN

Status
Not open for further replies.

deesigner2

Technical User
Feb 10, 2011
US
We use Macola for our inventory and BOMs; we run crystal reports from that system to pull our manufacturing kits based on component part numbers. When the report is run,it is exhibiting a phantom 5 digit part number. We have never used a 5 digit PN series, it has always been 8. And the 5 digit part number is not recognizable for anything we do here.

OK first things first, a BOM and a KIT are 2 totally different things. Which are you using? How do you create it?

What tables is you crystal report reading and how are the linked?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

thanks. well,here is more information. a component part numbers list is imported into a crystal report, and then from there, into an excel spreadsheet. personally i don't see why the macola manager would do such a thing, but so be it. Now the phantom number appears in the excel spreadsheet as a five digit number, and we do not have any five digit numbers. if you shrink the cell in excel, then it becomes 5 # signs. in other words, something has become corrupt in the import process. I told the MIS person to delete this component PN and then close, reboot and add that number back in. anyway, sounds like it is not something in the report process. the strange thing is that in the long list no other component PN behaves this way. since this apparently has been happening for some years, can't blame it on Macola.

Does the 5 digit part number show up in the Crystal Report?
If yes, then can you check Macola to see if such a number was set up in error.

Crystal does not "import" anything. It does report things. Please answer my original questions:

What tables is your crystal report reading and how are they linked?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

1. there has never been such a part number set up in macola
2. part number table is linked to top level (finished product) part numbers and yet all other component part numbers except this one imports to excel properly. well, I will let you know if the MIS person deleted and then re-created the component part number in the table. stay tuned.

There is no "part number" table in Macola. The table that contains part numbers is the imitmidx_sql table. The one that contains bills of material is bmprdstr_sql. Can you confirm that these are the tables you are using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back