Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report Layout Help - Row Headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkordik

Programmer
Feb 7, 2012
US
I am trying to create a report where the data goes down the sheet rather than across. Typically a crystal report's data/details is row oriented (meaning going across the sheet). I need to flip this so that the data/details goes down a column making it easier to print. So in essence, the "headers" go down column1 and the data for each "header" fills in column2. Here's a layout example, and one with hypothetical data of what I am trying to create:
Layout Example:
Header1 | Data for Header1
Header2 | Data for Header2
Header3 | Data for Header3

Fake Data Example:
Manufacturer | Ford
Model | Mustang
Color | Red

Anyone know how to manipulate a crystal report to do this? I really only have one "row" of data that is being returned from the query, but the list of fields is long so I need to print down to fit all of the fields into one printable page.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

You've shown how you'd want one row of data to display. How would the first AND second row display?

-LB

have you looked at Crosstabs? You find it as an option under Insert on the menu.

It helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11, 2008 or whatever. Methods sometimes change between versions, and higher versions have extra options. In this case, it probably makes no difference.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Even though the data is coming from a mix of SAP tables making multiple rows of data, through grouping and other formulas, I'll have only "one row" of data.

Maybe a batter way to describe what I am trying to do is if I said that I have a template, and have data that needs to fill-in the template. So again, trying to create the template (headers) in column one, and then use database and report fields to fill-in column 2 of the template.

I am using crystal 2008. Cross tabs probably won't here, I don't think, because those are more for calculations than printing out data vertically.

Then it seems to me you just need groups on manufacturer, model and color. Add the labels to the group headers.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back