Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal report is not realeasing the process 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZuperDuper

Programmer
Jun 4, 2004
US

I have an app. that is using couple of access db files and 8 report files. I use CRYSTAL REPORT VIEWER to view reports.

Everything is working fine, untill I try to change data in access databse. I need to be able to populate access database multiple times with different data throught out simple execution of an app. and this is where the problem arises: before the app starts, I delete these temporary databses, and remake them. - this fails if I have ran the report on the previous copy.
It looks like crystal report file does not release the databse file, even if I dispose of all connections, and crystalviewer object beforehand. So I do get an IO exception that tells me that the file(access db) is being used by another process.

See, crystal report viewer only gets the path to the .rpt file, and it is the repost file that is pointing to the access database file. The problem I see is that if I dispose of the crystal report viewer, why does the actual crystal report file still active?

Is there a way to fix this, or do I need to rethink my strategy on how to use CR9.

Tools used: CR9, VB.NET, Access DB.

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Why do you delete the databases? Just delete the tables.

Simplify your life, base the report on an Access query.

-k

Thanks! this works.

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back