Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report In Html Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

premiK

Programmer
Jan 8, 2002
CA
Hi
I like to send invoice (Crystal Report) through EMail to my client, as Html format that they can print in their office.

Delphi4
Crystal 8

Thank you

pkan,
You should be able to run the report (invoice) to your terminal and click export and select html format.

:)

Keep in mind that HTML may not print well, consider using PDF, most people have a reader (or they can D/L one), and the formatting is retained nicely.

To export in PDF:

File->Print->Export

Set Destination to Microsoft Mail, and format to Acrobat Format (PDF).

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

Thank you guys, Sorry my question is not clear I want to send that report directly from my delphi application.
How can I use the Windows API for that? Or any other method.
I am using Delphi 4

Thank you very much

There is a problem with the HTML export from CR. You only get the first page, and no images, logos, as the export goes to a folder, but MAPI only gets told about the first file in that folder. It is a 'feature' that is still there in CR9.

If you want to do this from your Delphi App you will need to do what i did with cViewMANAGER, my report scheduler. Export the HTML to disk, and then write the code to send all the files in that folder email as attachments to an email message.

PDF export will work better as the MAPI just needs to send one file. And there is less chance of them editing the invoice for their own purposes.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Assuming your Delphi application can issue a RUN command,
it could call my Visual CUT software which would then invoke exporting and e-mailing of a Crystal report.

Visual CUT can also electronically burst a multi-invoice report so that each invoice gets exported and e-mailed to the customer of that invoice.

Cheers,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back