Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report in a real three tier architecture

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganeshrvs

Programmer
Feb 15, 2002
IN
When I was assigning the Database statement to Session("oRpt") (StoredProcedure and Parameter), the report displayed correctly in Netscape.(After executing the same SP three times).

But when I am using the Visual Basic Component in the middle tier and getting a record set and assigning for Crystal Report in Session("oRpt"), the report is not working in netscape browser. But the same is working in IE.

I have a real 3-tier application. My IIS Server cannot connect to the database directly. IIS Server will execute the COM method in the Application Server, and the Application Server will execute the SP in the
database Server and return a Record Set to IIS Server. IIS server should display the result in the netscape browser using SmartViewerJava.asp and rptserver.asp. But if I am connecting the database Server without the component , by directly assigning the Query statement(SP with param), the report is working in netscape. But the same thing is not working with COM Component.

When I am analyzing the data flow using the SQL Profiler, I found that,first time Stored Procedure was executed successfully. But the second and third time a string "rptserver.asp" is appended with the parameter and
tried to executed the stored procedure. Then Netscape is not responding.

I want to use crystal reports in a real 3 tier architecture, i.e..my crystal report cannot connect to the database directly. Will it be possible?.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back