Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report - How to prevent records from Duplicating

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoseDCsyst

Technical User
Oct 29, 2014
US
Hello;
Need a little assistance with a report I am attempting to complete. I have 3 files from which I am getting data and I have used the Select Distinct Records under the Database tab but this is not eliminating my duplicates.

The files I am using are Task file, InvAdj File and finally Location file. Each of these files have what we call the long SKU which is Sea (season), SYR (SeasonYear), Style, Style Suffix, Color and SZCD (Size code) and SZPO (Size Posn) in addition to that the have Whse, Co and Div.

On the report I want to show all the records from the Task file that match, based upon certain criteria, the other two files and the resulting data I am receiving is what is expected except for the fact that there are multiple occurrences of the same record.

Is there a way to eliminate the multiples? I am uncertain to where to begin to look for the solution.

Appreciate any help. Not sure what information would be needed to clarify my request.

Thank you
Rose[bigsmile]

Sometimes records get duplicated because a table join gets missed but often it arises because of a one to many relationship between tables. The usual approach to dealing with the latter issue is to use a Group and move the displayed fields from the Details section to the Group Header or Footer.

It is a bit difficult to be any more specific than this with the information available. If you can post the SQL (Database => Show SQL Query), some sample data and an explanation of what duplicates you don't want to see it might help. If you are prepared to post the RPT file (with saved data) I'd be happy o take a look for you, but understand it if you can't due to issues of confidentiality.

Cheers
Pete

Hi pmax9999
Sorry for the delay in responding. I did end up resolving the issue just by chance but doing suppressing all the detail fields that were duplicated. When I did this I found one field that was not duplicating and realized what was causing the multiple lines to appear (it happened to be a date field) Based upon this discovery I added another line to a Yes/No formula I have and the duplicates were removed. The data looks good now and we are testing as we go along to insure this change is correct.

I appreciate you taking the time to assist with my questions.

Thank you
Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back