Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaySr

Technical User
May 10, 2007
US
We only have a couple licenses for MAS so I need to design a program in VB to help the warehouse guys receive product. I have found most of the details that I need, but I am stuck on one item.

This is what I need to export to excel/VB:

Item number - IM1
Item description - IM1
Bin Location - IM2
Qty on Hand - IM2
PO Number - PO1
Qty on PO - IM2
Items on PO - ?
Last Recepit - IM1
Last Cost - IM1

I can not find a list of the items on a PO. I want the guys to be able to enter a po number and then a list will come up with the items on the po and they can select the ones that they receive. Does anyone know where I can find the individual line items from the open PO's?

Why not just buy more licenses? It would be inifinitely cheaper, not to mention effective.

While I am certain that the right company can design this app, I am also certain it will cost several times more than buying the additional licenses.

Mas90 runs on the Providex database. I know little about it, but on other common database formats - Pervasive, MS SQL - the program itself you are wanting to design will consume a database license.

So you might want to educate yourself on this issue before you proceed.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If you have a big enough dictionary, just about everything is a word"
--Dave Barry

It is the PO2. My question is, how are you planning on getting the receipts into MAS? Import with VI. Import with the Bar Code module? You certainly cannot write to the database with VB.

BigLouie,

You cannot write to the database with VB? Why not? Is this not available to the end users? If not do you know why? Sage made it that way I take it?

I was under the assumption that this was possible, albeit not cost effective.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If you have a big enough dictionary, just about everything is a word"
--Dave Barry

Thanks for the help

I do not plan on writing to MAS, I just want to export to excel. I already wrote most of the program for VB, I just could not find the PO lines.

You can only write to modules that are on the 4.0 standard and that is after buying the Business Objects Interface and taking the training. At present Purchase Order is not on the 4.0 standard. For non-4.0 modules you have to use the language that MAS was written in, ProvideX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back