Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report From SQL Not Pulling Decimal

Status
Not open for further replies.

zigstick

Technical User
Jun 1, 2006
US
Hello, I'm running Crystal Reports 2000 and reporting against a SQL database view via an ODBC connection.
I've been running reports against SQL for years, no issues. Today when trying to pull data from a SQL view, a number field if failing to bring in decimals. It shows 100.00 instead of 99.5. Checked my Crystal Report options and there no truncating turned on there.

If I use a Command and paste the SQL statement, it brings in the number correctly. Also checked the field type and the number is "tinyint". Could that be an issue?
As I said, I have a workaround, using SQL, but worry about existing reports that me be returning incorrect data when using a Crystal query.

Thank you for any insight!

Mark

It is interesting that you say the number is tinyint. Tinyint would not have any decimal places, just a whole number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back