Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report from Epicor Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmwest

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2009
US
Hi guy's i'm rather new at SQL and Crystal Report's, My Company had a custom crystal report built from a guy that was in my position about 6 year's ago. Recently the computer it was on crashed and it was not backed up anywhere. I've looked everywhere for the file and the implementation steps and needless to say he was not the best at documentation. I read a old closed thread that you guy's said it was quite easy to do this task. I have taken two Crystal Classes which kinda gave me the run down on Crystal i understand it. It's just finding the sql file or the table's to start the report. I have a print out of the end result of the lost report which give's me some structure but where to look for table's is where i need some assistance with. Any help would be much appreciated

Hi,

Could you let us know, what epicor software you are running and version. Also, the nature of the report. And how do you run it, from a menu etc.

enbw,

Thank you so much for your reply, the version of epicor is 7.0b, the nature of the report is too be a customer log, when she clicked on the report link on her desktop a box pop's up for her to enter the salesman, customer code, and a date range. once this is done a report is generate into crystal reports then she would export it to excel. any help would be much appreciated and some form of compensation could be worked out

I also believe i have found the sql query the the original guy before me wrote for this, i did a query for it and it's pulling up information just like in the customer log i have printed out, now i just need to find where crystal report needs to connect to in epicor to pull these fields. once again everyone any help would be much appreciated..

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back