Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report from Citrix DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amphrodite1

Technical User
Oct 17, 2002
OM
i want to create report of the citrix db (SQL) using crystal report to get the users list with the assaigned applications. But when i select the db it is showing some
encrypted things. Can you explain me how we can create the report from citrix DB.

Amphrodite1,

I don't think you want to be messing with your IMA with Crystal...

Taken from:

Chapter 3, Page 19
With the exception of indexes, all information in the data store is in binary format. This is why it looks encrypted to you
Meaningful queries cannot be executed directly against the data store. Neither Citrix administrators nor users should directly query or change information in the data store. Use only IMA-based tools, such as the Citrix Management Console, to access the information in the data store.

CAUTION Do not directly edit any data in the data store database with IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, or Oracle tools. Doing so corrupts the farm database and causes the farm to become unstable or completely unusable.

With that said, if you could not determine that the IMA is pretty much all binary on your own, I don't think you should be messing with it on a production server. Now a test bed is a different story! Querry away to your heart's content, but you will have to figure out how to convert MS SQL Binary to text values. It can be done though and you are on the right track. I am sorry I don't have any more "detailed" help for you, but this should get you moving in the right direction :)

DigiMahn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back