Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

crystal report exported to excel in browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayathebee

Programmer
Jun 24, 2003
ZA
We are running microsoft office XP, and i have a report with a graph created in crystal 8.5.

exporting to excel version 7.0 gives an error “renamed Invalid sheet name”.

Removing or even suppressing the graph in the report gives the correct recordset in the report. If the graph is there the recordset is incorrect.
exporting to excel version 8.0 does not give this error, but shows the graph (if not suppressed/removed) as a blank block, or opens in a new window if suppressed/removed).

This was drag to figure out...Spent a bunch of time and determined that Office XP (XL) is looking for a different value to populate the sheet name.

In the end, needed to add a report title (Summary Info) to the report(s). This is the value that will be used by XL (XP)

You may want to run the recent CR updates, specifically the Database and Export (dbexpdrvrwin_en.zip) as I beleive this is not built into the XL export function.(saves the step)

Cheers,

SurfingGecko
Home of Crystal Ease

Hello SurfingGheko!

I am so happy at this moment! My graphs show in excel now! Thank you so much for your help!!

MayaTheBee
[bigsmile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back