Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report - Export in Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

anjanaj

Programmer
Jan 10, 2002
IN
Hi !

I have made a crosstab report in which those column are suppressed which has the sum as 0 (Zero).
When I try exporting the report in Excel, then those suppressed columns also get visible, which should not happen.
On my PC it runs fine, but on the other machine it does'nt.

Can anybody please help me for this !
Please treat this as urgent also.
Thanx
Anjana

On your PC the spreadsheet doesn't get the suppressed columns? Are you using the same version of CR on both PCs?
You should also check the version of the Export Driver for Excel, something like U2Fxls.dll Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Sorry, It was a saved excel file which I thought as been exported from Crystal.
Actually, what it happening is :-
I have made a crosstab report showing me the name along with a few amounts
Names in rows.
Amounts in Columns.
I have suppressed those amounts/ column which are 0 (Zero)
I am calling this crosstab report from VB.
I can preview it correctly.
But, when I export it to Excel 5.0, It gives also gives me the suppressed columns (Those with zero amounts).
How do I make sure that these columns don't appear in the spreadsheet I'm exporting the data into.

Anjana

I don't think there is a way to control this behavior. I thought there might be a way, based on your ability to get it to happen in one environment, but exports usually don't follow conditional suppressions, and that appears to be true here. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back