Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report : Database Error !

Status
Not open for further replies.

netizen

Programmer
Aug 27, 2002
IN
Hi!
I'm using Crystal Reports 8.5 and DB2 to generate my reports. I've created an SP in AS/400 and am able to see that from Crystal Reports when i connect using the Data Explorer. But when i try to add teh SP to the report it gives me the following error:

"ODBC Error: [IBM][Client Access Express ODBC Driver (32bit)]Statement violates access rule:Connection is set to read only."

But the same will not be the case if i add the As/400 table! What is the problem here? Please let me know if anybody has any valuable idea/suggestion.

Thanks,
netizen

It sounds like either the ODBC connection needs to have a setting adjusted (check the ODBC driver configuration), or perhaps the SP is doing more than just reading and the user executing the SP doesn't have rights.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back