Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal report based on excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gramm

Instructor
May 16, 2003
US
I created a report using a portion of an Excel spreadsheet located on my C: Drive. Everything works fine. The problem is now I need to produce the report using the entire spreadsheet which is located on a network drive. This spread sheet is updated daily with current information. How do I get my crystal report to point to the one on the network drive? Do I have to redo the report starting with the network spreadsheet?

Thanks!

i'M NOT SURE AS i USE oRACLE DATABASES BUT i WOULD ASSUME IT IS THE SAME FOR EXCEL
Under The database option select set location and enter the location of your network drive

Hi,
Be sure to have a drive mapped to that location ( or the folder it is located in) and be sure you have permission to use that location..Or use UNC notation to specify the location ( \\server\folder\filename.xls ) -still will need permissions set to allow your access to it.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back