Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report - Bar Graph

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanitha80

Programmer
Jul 28, 2003
US
Hi All,

Am using the bar graph option in CR10.
I wud like to change the labels displayed on the x-axis.
Bar graph shows the number of items ordered on monthly basis with multiple bars for each month (each bar represents a week)...

Currently the dates are getting displayed in x-axis wherein i wud like to display the month name and the week number (1-52) Is there any option for this ?

Thanks in Advance,
Anitha

If the graph is on qa monthly basis (options), then it can't be showing weeks, so I'm guessing that your grouping for each week?

You have some control over the dates, but a month and year weeknumber is a very unusual request in combination, and not part of the standard formatting options (In Preview Mode->Chart->Chart Options->Grid->Numbers->Date in Category).

You might create a formula to concatenate the 2 values, but understand that months and week of the year don't correlate exactly, so how do you propose to demonstrate the 5th week of January, part of the data is in January, part in February, are you going to show 2 partial bars?

As you can see, this is why most people wouldn't consider posting this as a meaningful grouping, weeks are tied to years.

So anyway, the correlation might be done as week + month in a string, but then you'll now to think about whether you want the week beginning date or the week end.

And there are other gotchas such as some days of the first workweek may be for the PREVIOUS year, depending on which method for calculating workweeks your firm uses.

Hope this helps to understand why your post seems bizarre, or at least not properly defined if Mgmt is looking for data demonstrated weekly by month.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back