Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

crystal report and stored procedure 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pammi

Programmer
May 14, 2002
SG
I have written a stored procedure in sqlserver which is having 3 input parameters and returs a resultset.
I know how to write a report using tables and views. but not sure how to use this stored procedure resultset in crystal report. I am using CR 7.0.
can anyone help me????
Pammi

Dear Pammi,

If in File options/Database tab (or Options in the DataExplorer) you have checked Stored Procedures, when you connect to the database as a user with permissions to your stored procedure you should see it displayed in the data explorer list.

Select the stored procedure and Crystal will automatically *create* Crystal Parameters to pass values to your Stored Procedure Parameters.

Give it a go and see how it goes. If you need more help, let me know. Rosemary Lieberman
rosemary@microflo.com, Microflo provides expert consulting on MagicTSD and Crystal Reports.

Hi rosemaryl,
I can't see such option to check stored procedure in file options/database tab or in data explorer. In file/database option there is one item "Stored Procedure parameters" available which is disabled.
Please advice me further.
Thanks
Pammi

That should be it (I don't have v7 available) but checking that option should allow you to see Stored Procs in your Field Explorer. Chris
DFW Crystal User Group

There may also be security set in the database that prevents you from seeing Stored procedures. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Dear Pammi,

Sorry, I didn't see the 7.0 reference.

Try connecting as a system administrator to see all system tables and stored procedures.

As Ken stated, I think that this is a permissions issue.

You could also try granting permissions to your login for the stored procedure and see if that helps. Rosemary Lieberman
rosemary@microflo.com, Microflo provides expert consulting on MagicTSD and Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back