Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report 9 current date comparison 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoseDCsyst

Technical User
Oct 29, 2014
US
Hi all;

I am writing a report and would like to do compare a File date field to the current date in order to tell if the current date is less than the File date field. Is there a formula I can write to accomplish this?

Thank you
Rose[smile]

I found an article that describes on to get file information into a report. I have never tried this. Once you get the file date, then you should be able to do a comparison.

Not sure I understand what you are trying to do (or kray4660's response for that matter).

Are you still looking for a solution? If so, can you provide a bit more detail please. Eg, are you trying to return records based on the outcome of the comparison, of to simply flag certain records.

If you want to flag those records where the "... current date is less than the File date field ..." you could use a formula along the lines of:

[Code {@Date_Test}]
If {Table.Your_Date_Field} < CurrentDate
Then 'Y'
Else ''
[/Code]

Hope this helps

Cheers
Pete

I think RoseDCyst is wanting to pull a file date from a file in a folder. I found an article that shows how to put file information from a folder (I forgot to include the link, I will look for it in a few minutes).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back