Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report 8.5 Text File Lookup

Status
Not open for further replies.

codemonkey77

Programmer
Feb 17, 2005
GB
I'm running Crystal 8.5 and I write reports based on user activity. However, these users are forever changing and it would be useful for me to link these to a list of usernames in Excel or text files or something rather than manually changing every instance of each report. Can anyone help?

Thanks

James

Try posting technical information:

Database/connectivity used
Example data
Expected output

Where are these usernames used?

In general, the users are stored in the database, so this doesn't make sense to me. And define what an instance of a report means to you, Crystal uses the term for historical reports within Crystal Enterprise.

Do you mean that you want a dynamic list of parameters? If so, create a USR table in the database with a ENDDATE for each, and add that as a table to your report with the filter of isnull(ENDDATE)

-k

k,

I couldn't access the user's names as they were stored in a table that couldn't be viewed in Crystal. I have therefore created a new table that works exactly how I wanted it without any messing around.

Thanks for your help.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back