Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report 8.5, AddGroup, "RunTime License Required", API

Status
Not open for further replies.

toda

Programmer
Jun 19, 2003
YU
I have Crystal Report 8.5, and when I add group from vb6 code I receive message "You are using API that is not a part of Free RunTime License Agreement .......". How can I avoid this message?

You can't. Any of the methods that add a new object, be it a group, field, formula, textbox, or any other item use CRAXDDRT.DLL and are not part of your royalty-free distribution rights. Check out the License.chm help file that comes with CR.

The workaround for this, if you need dynamic grouping, is to base your group on a formula that you create in the report at design time and populate at runtime. There are many threads in Crystal forums regarding grouping on a formula (check out the Crystal Decisions: Crystal 4 Other Topics forum). You may also need to use conditional suppression to show or suppress the display of the group.

Or you can buy licenses to allow you to distribute your app with the "AddGroup" method. But that's usually a pretty pricey solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back